We talk about SEO alot
We are also pretty upfront on what is involved in getting to the top of Google’s organic rankings – and for many, whether they are existing or potential clients, that conversation can be a shocking one.
We thought it might be useful to share our experience of the SEO client cycle.
This is how it goes…
1. Client hasn’t considered SEO before
2. Client is told of cost to do stable SEO for the long term
3. But client hasn’t considered this cost before
4. Client thinks SEO company is scamming them
5. Client looks for cheap option
6. Client finds cheap option
7. Client happy initially that “SEO” box ticked
8. Client gets hit by smarter Google update
9. Any rankings that client has achieved from cheap links are destroyed
10. Client hasn’t considered this risk before (or wasn’t told)
11. Client looks for new SEO company
12. Client finds out that SEO is very expensive to do properly
13. Client looks for cheap-er option
14. Client finds cheap-er option
15. Client happy initially that “Improved SEO” box ticked
16. Client gets hit by smarter Google update
17. Any rankings that client has achieved from cheap-er links are destroyed
18. Client either gives up on Google or starts to learn from experience.
So, where are you on the SEO cycle?