Choosing an SEO compay to work with can be confusing.
Are they reliable, will they get your website penalised by doing dodgy stuff etc?
Our top tips are as follows:
- Email 5 SEO companies with 10 keywords you think potential customers might use to find your business.
- Tell them which country(s) you’re targeting
- Tell them you want your own developer to implement their SEO recommendations
- Ask them how they build links & to show you some examples
- Tell them your budget bearing in mind that for new sites, we recommend 80% be retained for link building. How would they spend that budget?
- Are you going to write fresh content on an ongoing basis or should they?
- Ask them for a quote with detailed breakdown
- See who sounds like they know what they’re doing & are happy to explain it
- Take the plunge